As part of the City’s 10-Year Blueprint for Economic Development, the City has partnered with regional and State organizations including our very own Port of Long Beach to boost import, export, and foreign direct investment in the region. This includes technical assistance programs for exporters, large internal business conferences, and special tax incentives like the free trade zone for importers.
The mission of the Long Beach Economic Development Department is to create economic opportunities for workers, investors, and entrepreneurs.
We offer the following core services to create a vibrant, resilient, and inclusive economic ecosystem:
- Grow and strengthen established industry clusters and emerging sectors in Long Beach.
- Increase access to economic opportunities in low-income communities to advance economic equity.
- Build a supportive economic ecosystem that creates reliable pathways for entrepreneurs to confidently start and grow successful businesses.
- Create more responsive, cost-effective, and streamlined City processes to grow investment and development in the city.
- Enhance quality of life to grow businesses, jobs, and investment that support a thriving local economy.
- Advance an integrated approach to local and regional economic development to enhance business opportunities and global connectedness.